Jonathan Pryce quotes
“I've come to the conclusion there's no such thing as a beautiful Welsh boy. At any rate, all I've seen have been unparalleled frumps.”
“If there was a chance that your decision meant that I should somehow or other lose you, I don't think I could bear it. You and Ralph and our life at Tidmarsh are what I care for most in the world.”
“- Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen: So, Mr. Jackson, still the rational man? How many people have perished in your logical little war?
- The Right Ordinary Horatio Jackson: There are rules in life! We cannot fly to the moon. We cannot defy death. We must face facts, not folly. You don't live in the real world.”
“- Lytton Strachey: The truth is, I've always been better at living than I ever was at writing.
- Dora Carrington: What's wrong with that?”
“I don't know what the world has come into: women in love with buggers and buggers in love with womanizers.”
“- Wai Lin: What are you waiting for, shoot him!
- James Bond: I told you, we're gonna finish this together!
- Elliot Carver: How romantic! Do you realize how absurd your position is?
- James Bond: No more absurd than starting a war for ratings.
- Elliot Carver: Great men have always manipulated the media to save the world.”
“Words are the new weapons, satellites the new artillery.”
“- Elliot Carver: Mr. Jones, are we ready to release our new software?
- Philip Jones: Yes, sir. As requested, it's full of bugs, which means people will be forced to upgrade for years.
- Elliot Carver: Outstanding.”
“- Lytton Strachey: Any luck with the famous Carrington conundrum?
- Mark Gertler: The same ignorance. Fear and Ignorance. Now its been going on for four years and I'm at my wits end.
- Lytton Strachey: Well, it's no use asking my opinion. I'm afraid when it comes to a creature with a cunt, I'm always infinitely désorienté.”
“There's no news, like bad news.”
“Funerals, bad marriages, lost loves, lonely beds. That is our diet. We suck that misery and find it sweet. We search for more always. We can smell young boys ulcerating to be men a thousand miles off. And hear a middle-aged fool like yourself groaning with midnight despairs from halfway around the world.”
“- Sam Lowry: I only know you got the wrong man.
- Jack Lint: Information Transit got the wrong man. I got the right man. The wrong one was delivered to me as the right man, I accepted him on good faith as the right man. Was I wrong?”
“My dearest and best, Do you know how difficult I find it to express my feelings, either in letters or talk? Do you really want me to tell you that I love you as a friend? But of course that is absurd. And you do know very well that I love you as something more than a friend, you angelic creature, whose goodness has made me happy for years. Your...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I have heard rumors to the effect that there are actually people who enjoy writing. Can this be true? I loathe it. All that work and at the end of it some slim volume. What is the point? I ask myself.”
“This sort of behavior is demoralizing for the ordinary soldiers and citizens who are trying to lead normal, simple, unexceptional lives. I think things are difficult enough as it is without these emotional people rocking the boat.”