Russell Crowe quotes
“- Lynn Bracken: You're the first man in five years who didn't tell me I look like Veronica Lake inside of a minute.
- Bud White: You look better than Veronica Lake.”
“Perhaps it is good to have a beautiful mind, but an even greater gift is to discover a beautiful heart.”
“What you're saying is it wasn't enough to fire me for no good reason. Now you question my integrity? On top of the humiliation of being fired, you threaten me? You threaten my family? It never crossed my mind not to honor my agreement. And I will tell you, Mr. Sandefur... and Brown & Williamson too - fuck me? Well, fuck you!”
- Jeffrey Wigand: How did a radical journalist from Ramparts Magazine end up at CBS?
- Lowell Bergman: I still do the tough stories. "60 Minutes" reaches a lot of people.
“There's no point in being nuts if you can't have a little fun.”
“- Doc Potter: Is it true that you dynamited a wagon full of prospectors in the western territories last spring?
- Ben Wade: No, that's a lie... It was a train full.”
“I don't exactly know what I am required to say in order for you to have intercourse with me. But could we assume that I said all that. I mean essentially we are talking about fluid exchange right? So could we go just straight to the sex.”
“- Gabe: [referring to the Nazi paraphernalia that adorns Hando's room] Why do you have all this stuff?
- Hando: Because I don't want to be a white cooly in my own country. 'Cause it's not our country anymore.”
“Never pet a burning dog.”
“- Detective Trupo: What are we gonna do about this?
- Frank Lucas: We ain't gon' do shit about it. Close it up. Throw it back in the trunk. Everybody go home. Have some pumpin pie, warm apple cider...
- Detective Trupo: I got a better idea, or would you rather me throw you and your brother in the fuckin' river?
- Frank Lucas: Or, would you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Men must be governed! Often not wisely, but governed nonetheless.”
“- Maximus: [after swiftly dispatching another gladiator] Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
- Crowd: Spaniard, Spaniard, Spaniard...”
“- Juba: Can they hear you?
- Maximus: Who?
- Juba: Your family. In the afterlife.
- Maximus: Oh yes.
- Juba: What do you say to them?
- Maximus: To my son, I tell him I will see him again soon. To keep his heels down while riding his horse. To my wife... that is not your business.”
“- Andy: Why would your mother lie to you?
- Martin: To punish me, for being blind.
- Andy: Does it really matter if she lied to you about some garden?
- Martin: Yes... it was my world.”
“- Lynn Bracken: There's blood on your shirt. Is that an integral part of your job?
- Bud White: Yeah.
- Lynn Bracken: Do you enjoy it?
- Bud White: When they deserve it.”
“- John Nash: You once said that God must be a painter because he gave us so many colors.
- Alicia Nash: I didn't think you were listening...
- John Nash: I was listening.”
“- Cort: I'd like to kill them all for what they've done. But I won't. Killing people is wrong.
- Ellen: Some people deserve to die.”
“- Lowell Bergman: I am trying to protect you, man.
- Jeffrey Wigand: Well, I hope you improve your batting average.”