William H. Macy quotes
- Alex: All women are possessive.
- Sarah Cassidy: All women?
- Alex: Yeah.
- Sarah Cassidy: Each and every one the world over?
- Alex: Sure.
- Sarah Cassidy: Does the word "enlightenment" ever come your way?
- Alex: You know a woman who's not possessive?
- Sarah Cassidy: I'm not possessive. I believe in destiny. Either someone loves you or they... (continue)(continue reading)
“Who designed these costumes? It looks like Edith Head puked, and that puke designed these costumes.”
“- James Gordon: Every dollar is a dollar we don't have, we're floating on credit, without a net.
- Jan Schlichtmann: Mortgaged my house, I don't care.
- James Gordon: I have, and Kevin's, and Bill's and mine, and I've cashed in our retirement plan, and our life insurance policies, it's gone.”
“- Doug Madsen: You like the waitress?
- Dudley Frank: Oh, man. I wanted to say something funny to her, but all I could think of was black jokes.
- Bobby Davis: Like which ones?
- Dudley Frank: I forget.
- Bobby Davis: Why don't you tell the one that ends with you getting your ass whooped.
- Dudley Frank: Would that be funny?
- Bobby Davis: I'll...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The music moves me, but it moves me ugly.”
“- Vice Principal Gene Wolters: I care about these kids just as much as you do. And if I'm forced to choose between Mozart and reading and writing and long division, I choose long division.
- Glenn Holland: Well, I guess you can cut the arts as much as you want, Gene. Sooner or later, these kids aren't going to have anything to read or write about.”
“- Bobby DeLaughter: I think about her keeping this thing alive all this time. Imagine a woman loving a man so much.
- Charlie Crisco: Hell, I can't even get a woman to love me while I'm still alive.”
“- The Shoveller: I think we would all like this victory to go out to all the other guys, and I'm talking about the people in this city who are super good at their jobs but never get any credit. Like the lady in the DMV - that's a rough job.
- Invisible Boy: To the people that remember jingles from tons of old commercials.
- The Bowler: And uh,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Decorator: It's not black but it looks black. it's not brown...
- Walt Price: Yep, it's faggy without being homosexual.”
“- Jack: You're gonna pay a disobedience fee of $10,000! Plus another $40,000 to rebuild the bar! And if you wanna see your friend alive again, do not call the cops! If you're not here in half an hour to settle this, I'm gonna take the fine out on your friend's legs! I'm gonna break 'em with this tire iron!
- Dudley Frank: Don't bring the money!...” (continue)(continue reading)
“God created us all, Shelly. He doesn't make mistakes.”
“- Capt. Amazing: You're... you're all superheroes.
- The Shoveller: Well, we fight crime. Call it what you will.”
“In the grand scheme of things, what's one boat? This war's gonna end. It doesn't mean we have to end with it.”
“- Quiz Kid Donnie Smith: Do you have love in your heart?
- Thurston Howell: I have love all over. I even have love for you, friend.
- Quiz Kid Donnie Smith: Is it real love? The kind of love that makes you feel... that intangible joy in the pit of your stomach... like a bucket of acid and nerves running around... making you hurt and happy and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Marshal Nalhober: Sheriff Dent. I just want to shake your hand. I wish there were more men like you in law enforcement. You are one big dick cop.
- Sheriff Chappy Dent: Thank you.”
“- Paul Kirby: What are you doing? Those things are after us because of those.
- Dr. Grant: Those things know we have the eggs. I drop them in the river, they'll still be after us.
- Paul Kirby: What if they catch us with 'em?
- Dr. Grant: What is they catch us without 'em?”
“If he had any self respect, he'd work for a living.”
“- Woody Stevens: That's not a discussion.
- Dudley Frank: Yeah, that's a lawsuit.”
“- Tommy Max: My wife is going to have a baby.
- Walt Price: Oh, good, let's bring more people into this overcrowded world.”
“- The Shoveller: I'll take point, you two flank. Let's triangulate.
- The Spleen: Equilateral or isosceles?”