Gift quotes184 gift quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- John Morlar: I have a "gift" for disaster.
- Dr. Zonfeld: You seem to have survived it.
- John Morlar: I don't mean for me, I mean for others.
“Bless the saints! It's an ashtray! I’ve been thinking of taking up smoking, this clinches it.”
“- Abrams: Enjoy the pen.
- Ben: You're gonna let me keep the pen?
- Abrams: You better go before I change my mind.”
“- Walt Kowalski: In 1952, we were sent up to take out a Chinese machine gun nest. It shredded us up pretty good. I was the only one who came back that day. Not long after, they gave me a silver star... Here, I want you to have it.
- Thao: Why?
- Walt Kowalski: Because we all knew the dangers that night, but we went in anyway. That's the way it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Francis Buxton: Today's my birthday and my father says I can have anything I want.
- Pee-wee Herman: Good for you and your father.
- Francis Buxton: So guess what I want.
- Pee-wee Herman: A new brain.”
“For the past 50 years or so I've been getting more and more worried about Christmas. It seems we're all so busy trying to beat the other fellow in making things go faster and look shinier and cost less that Christmas and I are sort of getting lost in the shuffle.”
“Can I get... any of you cunts... a drink?”
“- Rochester: Are you fond of presents?
- Jane Eyre: I hardly know. I have little experience of them.”
“Hallie, you can ask for toys, parakeets, hair care products, I don't care. But you may not ask for anything to do with interpersonal relationships! Got it? This is Santa Claus, not Dear Abby.”
“The Knights were profoundly grateful to the Emperor Charles for his generosity toward them. They hit upon the happy thought of sending him for the first year's tribute, not an insignificant live bird, but a glorious golden falcon, encrusted from head to feet with the finest jewels in their coffers.”
“You didn't want a blowjob so the least I could do is get you a tie.”
“Y'know how they say teenagers have no fear of death? That they're never gonna get hurt? Well not me, ok? I was born with the gift of fear.”
“- Julie: It looks so... new.
- Stu Miley: Well, that's because it is new!
- Julie: But the heirloom - your grandmother's ring...
- Stu Miley: What? You want a used ring?”
“You've been given a gift. With great power, comes great responsibility.”
“All that matters is that each of the kids get a toy. That they have something that they can open when they wake up in the morning. Most importantly, they all know there's somebody who's thinking about them.”
“- Agnes Smith: Rose, what did you get me for Christmas?
- Rose Smith: You'll find out tomorrow.
- Agnes Smith: I hope it's a hunting knife!”
“Fear is shameful but healthy. It is God's gift.”
“Should I beware of lawyers bearing gifts?”
“Though I never again saw what people were thinking, there was an enduring gift that he left me. What Ted did was open my eyes, and let the future in. I wouldn't have missed a minute of it. Not for all the world.”
“- Stacy: Well, don't you want to open your present?
- Wayne Campbell: If it's a severed head, I'm going to be very upset.”
“- Evelyn Couch: That's a low cholesterol meal. Happy Valentine's.
- Ed Couch: God! Are you trying to kill me?”