Leonardo DiCaprio quotes
“Don't tell me I can't do it; don't tell me it can't be done!”
“The only downer is everyones got the same idea, we all travel thousands of miles just to watch tv and check in to somewhere with all the comforts of home, and you gotta ask yourself, what is the point of that?”
“My father told me we was all born of blood and tribulation, and so then too was our great city. But for those of us what lived and died in them furious days, it was like everything we knew was mightily swept away. And no matter what they did to build this city up again... for the rest of time... it would be like no one ever knew we was even here.”
“Look, no offense and all. But, you’re fucked in the head right?”
“- Billy: Do you lie?
- Madolyn: Why? Do you? Honesty is not synonymous with truth.”
“Love has to be reinvented.”
“- Caroline Wolff Hansen: I love you.
- Tobias 'Toby' Wolff: I know that, mom. I've always known that.”
“If I was being completely honest, I was just like everybody else: shit-scared of the great unknown.”
“Is it possible? Is it possible to improve on perfection?”
“Idle time is the devil's play thing.”
“- Arnie: Gilbert is shrinking. Shrinking, shrinking, shrinking, shrinking. I'm not tired yet, Gilbert.
- Gilbert: Well, you gotta go to sleep, okay?
- Arnie: Okay. Goodbye.
- Gilbert: No, it's not goodbye. It's good night.
- Arnie: Yeah.
- Gilbert: Goodbye is for when you're going away and we're not going anywhere, are we?
- Arnie: I know that....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Amsterdam Vallon: Suppose you back an Irish candidate, of my choosin', and I'll deliver all the Irish vote?
- William 'Boss' Tweed: That will only happen in the reign of Queen Dick.”
“- Gilbert: Come on down. Come on! There you go. All right. Thanks a lot. Really sorry. Good. Good boy. Good boy. Now, I'm gonna take him home. I promise it won't happen again.
- Sheriff: Son, we hear this every time. Then after a couple of days he's right back up there again.
- Gilbert: Yeah, but this is the last time. Right, buddy?
- Arnie:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“He owns Pan-Am. He owns Congress. He owns the Civil Aeronautics Board. But he does not own the sky.”
“- Gilbert: You know what? You're such a big boy.
- Arnie: Yeah!
- Gilbert: You're such a big boy.
- Arnie: I'm a big boy!
- Gilbert: You know what? I bet you could do this all by yourself if you really wanted to. Could you do this by yourself?
- Arnie: I'm a big boy!
- Gilbert: Yeah, you're a big boy. Now take this...
- Arnie: Take this.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Richard: I'm American.
- Etienne: So?
- Richard: I think in miles, not kilometers.
- Etienne: Okay, so how many miles do you think it is?
- Richard: I don’t know, but it looks like a long way away.”
“We're not going anywhere! We're not going anywhere! [looks at Gilbert in the truck] Where're you going?”