Tom Hanks quotes
“- Woody: Okay, like it or not, you are a toy. Maybe you don’t like being one, but you are one nonetheless. Which means you are going to be there for Andy when he…
- Forky: Who’s Andy?
- Woody: I mean, Bonnie. You have to be there for Bonnie. That is your job.
- Forky: Well, what’s your job?
Woody: Well, right now, it’s to make sure you do yours.” (continue)(continue reading)
“Being there for a child is the most noble thing a toy can do.”
“I was made to help a child, I don't remember it being this hard.”
“I'll tell you the first problem. The names of your countries are too long.”
“- Joanne Herring: Why is Congress saying one thing and doing nothing?
- Charlie Wilson: Well, tradition mostly.”
- Sam Baldwin: What is "tiramisu"?
- Jay: You'll find out.
- Sam Baldwin: Well, what is it?
- Jay: You'll see!
- Sam Baldwin: Some woman is gonna want me to do it to her and I'm not gonna know what it is!
“- Walt Disney: You look at me and you see some kind of Hollywood King Midas. You think I've built and empire and I want your Mary Poppins as just another brick in my kingdom.
- P.L. Travers: And don't you?
- Walt Disney: Now, if that's all it was, would I have suckered up to a stubborn, cranky dame like you for twenty years? No, I'd have saved...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Walt Disney: Please sit down.
- P.L. Travers: I shall not sit in the seat of a trickster! A fraudster! A sneak!
- Walt Disney: Mrs. Travers, what in the world has upset you so?
- P.L. Travers: Penguins have very much upset me! Animated, dancing penguins! Now, you have seduced me with the music, Mr. Disney, yes, you have. Those Sherman boys...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You know, the only couple I knew that both Kennedy and LBJ wanted to socialize with was you and your husband.”
“I love Jesus Christ and his mother Mary as much as anybody. About 38 churches you could move that creche to, everybody lives.”
“- Michael Sullivan: He murdered Annie and Peter!
- John Rooney: There are only murderers in this room! Michael! Open your eyes! This is the life we chose, the life we lead. And there is only one guarantee: none of us will see heaven.
- Michael Sullivan: Michael could.
- John Rooney: Then do everything that you can to see that happens.”
“- Captain Richard Phillips: There's gotta be something other than being a fisherman and kidnapping people.
- Muse: Maybe in America, Irish. Maybe in America.”
“- Andrea Phillips: I know this is what we do. This is our life. But it just seems like... the world is moving so fast... right now things are changing so much.
- Captain Richard Phillips: They sure are. I'll tell you something. It's not gonna be easy for our kids. They'll be going into a different world than the one you and I came into.”
“Well when I think of home, I... I think of something specific. I think of my, my hammock in the backyard or my wife pruning the rosebushes in a pair of my old work gloves.”
“- Ben Bradlee: Can I ask you a hypothetical question?
- Kay Graham: Oh, dear. I don't like hypothetical questions.
- Ben Bradlee: Well, I don't think you're gonna like the real one, either.”
“There are seven lost secret fascinations and abilities. They are that: animals can talk; your favorite blanket is woven from a fabric so mighty, that once pulled over your head, it becomes an impenetrable force field, nothing is too heavy to lift with the aid of a cape; your hand, held forefinger out and thumb up, actually fires bullets; jumping...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Roger Clark: If the government wins and we're convicted, the Washington Post as we know it will cease to exist.
- Ben Bradlee: Well, if we live in a world where the government could tell us what we can and cannot print, then the Washington Post as we know it has already ceased to exist.”
“- Captain Richard Phillips: You had thirty thousand dollars, and a way to Somalia. It wasn't enough?
- Muse: I got bosses. They got rules.
- Captain Richard Phillips: We all got bosses.”
“- James Donovan: You don't seem alarmed.
- Rudolf Abel: Would it help?”