Tom Hanks quotes
“- Dr. Ellison: What did you do in the fire department?
- Joe: Well... I put out fires.”
“It's not that I can't help these people. It's just I don't want to.”
“- Carol Peterson: Where are you going?
- Ray Peterson: I can't walk anywhere without you asking me where I'm going... I'm going to Paris, France, okay? I'm going to Banff, Canada, alright? That's where I'm going.
- Carol Peterson: Are you taking the dog?
- Ray Peterson: Yeah, yeah, I'm taking the dog for a walk.”
“- Charlie Wilson: You're no James Bond.
- Gust Avrakotos: You're no Thomas Jefferson, either. Let's call it even.”
“- Andrew Beckett: What I love the most about the law?
- Joe Miller: Yeah.
- Andrew Beckett: It's that every now and then, not often, but occasionally, you get to be a part of justice being done. That really is quite a thrill when that happens.”
“- Amelia Warren: I just keep ingesting these poisonous men until I make myself sick.
- Viktor Navorski: You're not sick, Amelia, no. You're a little far-sighted.”
“Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You see, when... when you end up killing one of your men, you see, you tell yourself it happened so you could save the lives of two or three or ten others. Maybe a hundred others.”
“- Buzz Lightyear: Woody, you're not a collector's item, you're a child's plaything. You are a toy!
- Woody: For how much longer? One more rip, and Andy's done with me. And what do I do then, Buzz? Huh? You tell me.
- Buzz Lightyear: Somewhere in that pad of stuffing is a toy who taught me that life's only worth living if you're being loved by a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I just know that every man I kill the farther away from home I feel.”
“The legend will be revealed when the heir reveals himself.”
“Brinkley is my dog. He loves the streets of New York as much as I do, although he likes to eat bits of pizza and bagels off the sidewalk and I prefer to buy them.”
“- Joe Miller: What's wrong with your face?
- Andrew Beckett: [upon entering Joe's office] I have AIDS.”
“The only thing that matters is what you believe. History shows us Jesus was an extraordinary man. A human inspiration. That's it. That's all the evidence has ever proved. But... When I was a boy... When I was down in that well Teabing told you about... I thought I was going to die, Sophie. And what I did... , I prayed. I prayed... to Jesus... to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Drill Sergeant: Gump! What's your sole purpose in this army?
- Forrest Gump: To do whatever you tell me, drill sergeant!
- Drill Sergeant: God damn it, Gump! You're a god damn genius! This is the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a goddamn I.Q. of 160. You are goddamn gifted, Private Gump.”
“- Sherman McCoy: I understand you went to Yale.
- Tom Killian: Yeah. You, too. Huh?
- Sherman McCoy: What did you think of it?
- Tom Killian: It was okay. As law schools go. They give you the scholarly view. You know. It's terrific for anything you want to do - as long as it doesn't involve real people.”
“From now on, we live in a world where man has walked on the moon. And it's not a miracle, we just decided to go.”