Tom Hanks quotes
“- Jonah Baldwin: What do you think happens to someone after they die?
- Sam Baldwin: I don't know.
- Jonah Baldwin: Like... do you believe in Heaven?
- Sam Baldwin: I never did. I mean, the whole idea of an afterlife... But now, I don't know. 'Cause I have these dreams. About your mom. And we have these long talks about you and how you're doing,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The world has taken a turn for the surreal.”
“- Patricia: I love you!
- Joe: I love you, too! I've never been in love with anybody before, either! It's great! I'm glad! But the timing stinks. I've gotta go.”
“From that moment on, I realized Bobby was my responsibility.”
“You've got a lot of repressed feelings, don't you, Friday? Must be what keeps your hair up.”
“Gotta love crab. In the nick of time too. I couldn't take much more of those coconuts. Coconut milk is a natural laxative.”
“- Sam Baldwin: Didn't you see 'Fatal Attraction'?
- Jonah Baldwin: You wouldn't let me!
- Sam Baldwin: Well I saw it and it scared the shit out of me! It scared the shit out of every man in America!”
“- Forrest Gump: And in China they never go to church.
- John Lennon: No religion too?
- Dick Cavett: Ah. Hard to imagine.
- John Lennon: Well it's easy if you try, Dick.”
“- Cole Whittier: Mr. Thompson... Mrs. Thompson... Debbie... and...
- Rick Gassko: Bond. James Bond.”
“- Walter Fielding: Has this ever happened to you before?
- Jack Schnittman: Yes.
- Paramedic: Seven times in the past five months.
- Walter Fielding: I thought the jogging was getting you in better shape.
- Jack Schnittman: It is.
- Paramedic: Yeah thanks to the jogging I can lift him into the ambulance.”
- Scotty Brennen: See that girl over there in the red? Say "hi" to her and she's yours. She'll have her legs around you so tight you'll be begging for mercy.
- Josh: Well, I'll stay away from her, then.
“- Freddie Bauer: People fall in love every day, huh? Is that what you said?
- Allen Bauer: Yeah.
- Freddie Bauer: Yeah? Well, that's a crock. It doesn't work that way. Look, do you realize how happy you were with her? That is, of course, when you weren't driving yourself crazy. Every day? Come on. Some people will never be that happy. I'll never...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Sorry Jack, it's an old habit. Kinda used to the pilot's seat. She's yours to fly.”
“- Angelica: You must be tired.
- Joe: I don't mind talking.
- Angelica: Well, I do! This is one of those typical conversations where we're all open and sharing our innermost thoughts and it's all bullshit and a lie and it doesn't cost you anything!”
“The thing about trains... it doesn't matter where they're going. What matters is deciding to get on.”
“We all have orders, and we have to follow 'em. That supersedes everything, including your mothers.”
“- Jay: Well, this is fate! She's divorced, we don't want to redo the cabinets, and you need a wife. What do they call it when everything intersects?
- Sam Baldwin: The Bermuda Triangle.”