Tom Hanks quotes
“The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- James Donovan: What about my client, the other person in this equation? My guy.
- Allen Dulles: Your guy? You mean the Russian? He's not your guy anymore, Counselor. Your guy is Francis Gary Powers now.
- James Donovan: What do I tell Rudolf Abel?
- Allen Dulles: Tell him not to drop dead.”
“- Private Ryan: Hell, these guys deserve to go home as much as I do. They've fought just as hard.
- Captain Miller: Is that what I'm supposed to tell your mother when she gets another folded American flag?
- Private Ryan: You can tell her that when you found me, I was with the only brothers I had left. And that there was no way I was deserting...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The thirst for knowledge is a very commendable thing.”
“- Private Reiben: I got a bad feeling about this one.
- Captain Miller: When was the last time you felt good about anything?”
“You know, I wish people like you would quit saying, 'Aw, come on, counselor'. I didn't like it the first time it happened today. A judge said it to me twice.”
“- Josh: What's this?
- Scotty Brennen: Pay day.
- Josh: [opens up the envelope and looks at his check] A hundred and eighty seven dollars?
- Scotty Brennen: Yeah. They really screw you, don't they?”
“- Viktor Navorski: He chit, he chit, he chit.
- Enrique Cruz: Okay, try to repeat exactly what she said.
- Viktor Navorski: He chit, she catch him so...
- Enrique Cruz: Oh! He cheats!
- Viktor Navorski: Yes, yes, yes! What we call Krushkach. We say Krushkach. One man, two womans. Crowded, you know?”
“I've fought this battle from her side. Pat Powers, he wanted the mouse and I didn't have a bean back then. He was this big terrifying New York producer and I was just a kid from Missouri with a sketch of Mickey, but it would've killed me to give him up. Honest to God, killed me. That mouse, he's family.”
“- Michael Sullivan: You're protecting him already?
- Frank Nitti: We're protecting our interests, Mike.”
“Every person matters.”
“Hello, I'm Tom Hanks. The US Government has lost its credibility so it's borrowing some of mine.”
“Whether you did it or not doesn't matter. The state has to prove it, that you're a spy.”
“- Jenny Curran: Do you ever dream, Forrest, about who you're gonna be?
- Forrest Gump: Who I'm gonna be?
- Jenny Curran: Yeah.
- Forrest Gump: Aren't... aren't I going to be me?”
“- Charlie Wilson: Gosh, Joanne, it's great to hear from you. Could I possibly call you back in just a little bit?
- Joanne Herring: Is Ronald Reagan in your bedroom right now?
- Charlie Wilson: No.
- Joanne Herring: Then I'm considerably more important than whoever is.”
“- Buzz: Why would Andy want me?
- Woody: Why would Andy want you? Look at you! You're a Buzz Lightyear! Any other toy would give up his moving parts just to be you. You've got wings, you glow in the dark, you talk, your helmet does that... that whoosh thing. You're a Cool Toy. As a matter of fact, you're too cool. I mean - what chance does a toy...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Kathleen Kelly: Why did you stop by again? I forget.
- Joe Fox: I wanted to be your friend.
- Kathleen Kelly: Oh.
- Joe Fox: I knew it wasn't... possible. What can I say, sometimes a guy just wants the impossible.”
“- Walt Disney: Let's make something wonderful.
- P.L. Travers: Well, let's see if that's at all possible.”
“- Private Ryan: Uh sir? Where am I to be during all this?
- Captain Miller: No more than two feet away from me. And that's not negotiable.”
“Nobody hates history. They hate their own histories.”