Tom Hanks quotes
“- Forrest Gump: You could come home with me, to my house in Greenbow, Jenny. You and little Forrest. I'll take care of you if you're sick.
- Jenny Curran: Will you marry me, Forrest?
- Forrest Gump: Okay.”
“History is all in the mind of the teller. Truth is all in the telling.”
“- Rick Gassko: Diagnoses?
- Dr. Stan Gassko: Medically speaking?
- Rick Gassko: Yes.
- Dr. Stan Gassko: Whacked out of his brains on drugs.”
“- Luggage Salesman: Have you thought much about luggage, Mr. Banks?
- Joe: No.
- Luggage Salesman: It's the central preoccupation of my life.”
“What is it? What? What? If you're hungry, finish the hamburgers! Eat the buns! Eat the buns! You're not thirsty, you're not touching the water, the orange juice, cranapple - what am I supposed to do? Make you a Margarita?”
“- Joe: What's the matter?
- Angelica: Did you ever think about killing yourself?
- Joe: What... Why would you do that?
- Angelica: Why shouldn't I?
- Joe: Because some things take care of themselves. They're not your job; maybe they're not even your business.”
“- Jenny Curran: Have you ever been with a girl, Forrest?
- Forrest Gump: I sit next to them in my Home Economics class all the time.”
“Mom, why don't you put on your shoes and come out of the cage? How many guys have said that to their mothers?”
We called him "The king", because... that's what he liked to be called.
“- Lawrence Bourne III: I need to have a talk with you; sort of a little father-son chat.
- Lawrence Bourne Jr: Have we ever done this before?
- Lawrence Bourne III: No, we're breaking new wind. Dad, I need $28,000; it's the matter of a little gambling debt. I can assure you it will never happen again.”
“One day it started raining, and it didn't quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin' rain... and big ol' fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath. Shoot, it even rained at night...”
“- Alexander Rance: What do you think you're going to accomplish by interfering with our business, Mr. Sullivan?
- Michael Sullivan: This has nothing to do with your business.
- Alexander Rance: It's all business. That's what you fail to grasp. And in business, you must have something to trade. And you, Mr. Sullivan, have nothing to trade.”
“- Captain Miller: Do you know how many men I've lost under my command?
- Sergeant Horvath: How many?
- Captain Miller: Ninety-four. But that means I've saved the lives of ten times that many, doesn't it? Maybe even 20, right? Twenty times as many? And that's how simple it is. That's how you... that's how you rationalize making the choice between...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If you're sending someone down, you better send him fast - 'cuz funny Steven's going under.”
“- Tom Fox: He doesn't have a passport.
- Carl Hanratty: For the last six months, he's gone to Harvard and Berkeley. I'm betting he can get a passport.”