Tom Hanks quotes
Our mission was called "a successful failure", in that we returned safely but never made it to the moon. In the following months, it was determined that a damaged coil built inside the oxygen tank sparked during our cryo stir and caused the explosion that crippled the Odyssey. It was a minor defect that occured two years before I was even named... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Allen Bauer: You know by the time I got there, she was already gone.
- Freddie Bauer: Victoria left, huh?
- Allen Bauer: Yeah. You know why she left Freddie? Because I didn't love her.
- Freddie Bauer: That bitch.”
“- Marshall: What kinda clothes do you got now?
- Joe Banks: Well, I got the kinda clothes I'm wearing.
- Marshall: So you got no clothes.”
“- Chemical Engineer: Basically, it burns the eyes, lungs and throat, causes vomiting and if continuously inhaled, death.
- Streebek: Oh, sort of like your aftershave.”
“- Paula: Remember Chicago? Fate? Kismet?
- Richard: No, I don't remember, Paula. You got me drunk.”
“Women, then, are a huge threat to the Church.”
“- Jonah Baldwin: Will she scratch up your back?
- Sam Baldwin: [shocked] What?
- Jonah Baldwin: In the movies, women are always scratching up the men's back and screaming and stuff when they're having sex.”
“- Talia: Hey - we all got free tattoos. I wanted something in Japanese so check this out. That one says courage, that one says spirit. Courageous spirit.
- Larry Crowne: That's Chinese, and it says soy sauce.”
“- Buzz: I've set my laser from stun to kill.
- Woody: Oh, great. If anyone attacks we can blink em' to death.”
“Well... if I had a dollar for every time they've killed me in this thing, I wouldn't have to work for you, Deke... Well, we have two days, we'll be ready. Let's do it again.”
“- Anna Crowley: You are so much less attractive when I'm sober.
- Walter Fielding: Thank goodness it's not that often.”
“- Walt Disney: I think life disappoints you, Ms. Travers. I think it's done that a lot. And maybe Mary Poppins is the only person in your life who hasn't.
- P.L. Travers: Mary Poppins isn't real.
- Walt Disney: That's not true. She was as real as can be to my daughters, and to thousands of other children - adults too. She's been a nighttime...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Allen Bauer: I didn't even like you when I first met you.
- Walter Kornbluth: Nobody likes me when they first meet me.”
“Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see.”
“- Sam Baldwin: I'd much rather just see somebody I like, and get a feeling about them, and ask them if they want to have a drink.
- Jonah Baldwin: Or a slice of pizza.
- Sam Baldwin: Not dinner. Not necessarily on the first date because halfway through dinner you could be really sorry you asked them to eat dinner. Whereas if it's just a drink,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again.”
“You know you've reached rock bottom when you're told you have character flaws by a man who hanged his predecessor in a military coup.”
“Stupid is as stupid does.”
“- Josh: I'm much better at video hockey.
- Paul: That's not a sport.
- Josh: It requires hand and eye coordination.
- Paul: It's not a sport if you don't sweat.”
“- Walt Disney: We can't make the picture without the color red. The film is set in London, for Pete's sake!
- P.L. Travers: And?
- Walt Disney: Well, there's buses and mailboxes and guard's uniforms and things - Heck, the English flag!
- P.L. Travers: I understand your predicament, Mr. Disney. I do. It's just - I don't know what it is, I'm...” (continue)(continue reading)