Tom Hanks quotes
“- Private Ryan: Uh sir? Where am I to be during all this?
- Captain Miller: No more than two feet away from me. And that's not negotiable.”
“Nobody hates history. They hate their own histories.”
“- Walt Disney: I have my own Mr. Banks. Mine had a mustache.
- P.L. Travers: So it's not true that Disney created man in his own image?
- Walt Disney: No, but it is true that you created yourself in someone else, yes?”
“- Dr. Marcia Fieldstone: Tell me what was so special about your wife?
- Sam Baldwin: Well, how long is your program? Well, it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together... and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... only to no home I'd...” (continue)(continue reading)
“He better be worth it. He better go home and cure a disease, or invent a longer-lasting light bulb.”
“- Charlie Wilson: She always wanted to be a dancer but it was against her religion.
- Brigadier Rashid: What religion is that?
- Charlie Wilson: She's Baptist.”
“The true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart.”
“- Robert Langdon: This is the original icon for male. It's a rudimentary phallus.
- Sophie Neveu: Quite to the point.
- Sir Leigh Teabing: Yes, indeed.
- Robert Langdon: This is know as the blade. It represents aggression and manhood. It's a symbol still used today in modern military uniforms.
- Sir Leigh Teabing: Yes, the more penises you have,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lieutenant Daniel Taylor: Have you found Jesus yet, Gump?
- Forrest Gump: I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him, sir.”
- Mr. White: This "Oneders", with the O-N-E, it doesn't work. It's confusing. From now on, you boys'll just be... simply "The Wonders".
- Lenny Haise: As in, I wonder what happened to the "O'Needers"?
“- Fred Haise: It hurts when I urinate.
- Jim Lovell: Well, you're not getting enough water.
- Fred Haise: No, I'm drinkin' my rations, same as you... I think old Swigert gave me the clap. Been pissin' in my relief tube.
- Jim Lovell: Well, that'd be a hot one at the debriefing for the flight surgeons... Another first for America's spacemen.”
“- Friday: With the exception of you and canned cling peaches I'd be hard pressed to find anyone or anything that doesn't know you should never leave your car keys in the ignition.
- Streebek: It's called a mistake, Friday, but I don't suppose you ever make any of those, do you?”
“- Dottie Hinson: You ever been married?
- Jimmy Dugan: Well, let me think... yeah, twice.
- Dottie Hinson: Any children?
- Jimmy Dugan: One of them was, yeah.”
- Buzz Lightyear: Woody you're in danger here, we need to leave now.
- Rex the Green Dinosaur: Al's selling you to a toy museum, in Japan.
- Woody: I know! It's okay, Buzz. I actually wanna go.
- Mr. Potato Head: What? Are you crazy?
- Woody: Look, the thing is, I'm this rare "Sheriff Woody" doll, and these guys, are my round-up gang.