Tommy Lee Jones quotes
“- Louis Prima: Tell us all, we'd all like to know, why do you think you'd only hit .290?
- Ty Cobb: Well, I'm 72 fucking years old you ignorant son of a bitch.”
“- Anne: I can't, I'm on the zone.
- Roland Sharp: What zone?
- Anne: The proper combination of protein, fat and carbohydrates.
- Roland Sharp: This combination here is proper as hell.”
“- Salinger: Our stock's in the fucking toilet.
- Gene: Everybody's stock's in the toilet.”
“I always liked to hear about the oldtimers. Never missed a chance to do so. You can't help but compare yourself against the oldtimers. Can't help but wonder how they would have operated these times.”
“1. He's scared. 2. He's a kid. They always lie. Adults are the enemy, remember?”
“Have you noticed how everybody seems to be dead lately?”
“- Teresa: You clearly don't know how to speak to women.
- Roland Sharp: I know how to speak to women. I clearly choose not to.”
“One day your're making fifty bucks, then five thousand, then five million.”
“Age will flatten a man.”
“- Roland Sharp: You're not really the cheerleading type, are you?
- Heather: For me, it's more penance than a passion. Religious ascetics wear a hair shirt, I carry the pom-poms.”
“When we have mastered these tactics, we will use them to seek out and confront the forces of evil and kill 'em deader than hell!”
- Admiral Bates: Mr. Strannix... this is Admiral Bates speaking. Would you please tell us why the hell you're doing this?
- William Strannix: Hi, admiral. Six months ago, your boy Tom Breaker cancelled operation "Cleopatra", and shortly thereafter two young men from Langley showed up in Miami tried to cancel me along with it. Now you did receive... (continue)(continue reading)
“There are over three hundred bullet holes in this building. Colonel Childers didn't open fire, he returned fire. And he waited until after three of his Marines were dead and another lay mortally wounded. He waited until he was personally under heavy fire. He waited until he saw that crowd holding weapons, only then did he order his men to return...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jay: Did you ever flashy-thing me?
- Kay: No.
- Jay: I ain't playing with you, K. Did you ever flashy-thing me?
- Kay: No.”
“It's a small world after all.”
“An officer and a gentleman does not strike a lady!”
“- Al Stump: I put up with your bullshit. I give words, I interpret, I give life to your bullshit. And you give me nothing. Nothing! But grief.
- Ty Cobb: You have never been this close to greatness in your short life son. And you love it.”