Tommy Lee Jones quotes
“- Nathaniel Williamson: You knew what you were doing in Samoa. It would have worked out if it wasn't for me.
- Captain Bully Hayes: Oh, don't feel badly 'cause you don't know your way around a whorehouse.”
“You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like.”
“- Nick: They're tough in Louisiana, Libby. You shoot me, they'll give you the gas chamber.
- Libby: No they won't. It's called double jeopardy. I learned a few things in prison, Nick. I could shoot you in the middle of Mardi Gras and they can't touch me.
- Travis: As an ex-law professor, I can assure you she is right.”
“- Laura Mars: I can't understand... how it's possible... to live your whole life... without someone... and be doing more or less ok. And then suddenly you find them.
- John Neville: You recognize them.
- Laura Mars: You recognize them. And... you know without them...
- John Neville: It's terrifying.
- Laura Mars: Yes.
- John Neville: It's...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Ask not what your country can do for you, only regret that you have but one life to live!”
“- William Strannix: These things are gonna sell like hotcakes!
- Commander Krill: Absolutely.
- William Strannix: What are you gonna do when you get two hundred million dollars in the bank?
- Commander Krill: Buy the presidency!”
“We are who we are... even if we sometimes forget it.”
“- Amy Post: You think we can make it on our feet?
- Elmore Pratt: Hell, yeah. We got four of them now.”
“- Jay: You don't remember me, but we used to work together...
- Kay: I never worked in a funeral home.”
“- Number One: Angelo, I don't want anyone else to get hurt. I'm giving up the Betsy.
- Angelo Perino: You're what?
- Number One: I've seen people broken before, and it's not gonna happen again. The next funeral I want to attend is my own.”
“The desire for glory is not a sin.”
“- Kay: Does that come standard?
- Jay: Actually it came with a black dude, but he kept getting pulled over.”
“I've just been down the gullet of an interstellar cockroach. That's one of a hundred memories I don't want.”
“- Mason: When was your last fight?
- Elmore Pratt: I ain't had it yet!”
“I made him what he is, I can stop him.”
“I've come here to create a new country for you called chaos, and a new government called anarchy.”