Clint Eastwood quotes
“Wake me up if we crash into the mountain. I wouldn't want to miss that.”
“- Coy LaHood: Do you imbibe?
- Preacher: Only after nine in the morning.”
“I realize that homicides and splashy robberies get most of the headlines, but it's about time this crime gets the attention it deserves.”
“- Lieutenant Speer: How about a fast game of sleeper?
- Poolroom thug: Never heard of it.
- Lieutenant Speer: Well, it's simple. You go ahead and make your shot and I put you to sleep.”
“Dying ain't hard for men like you and me. It's living that's hard when all you've ever cared about has been butchered or raped.”
“- Walt Kowalski: How ya doing Martin, you crazy Italian prick?
- Barber Martin: Walts! You cheap bastard! I should have known you'd come in, I was having such a pleasant day!”
“- Barbara Corvin: Would you like me to read the instructions to you again?
- Frank Corvin: Let me tell you something, my dear. Those instructions were written by a fellow in Japan when they made this damn thing. They were probably translated by some gringo who was an expatriate American that couldn't get a job in this country. And then the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bronco Billy: I caught her in bed with my best friend.
- Antoinette Lilly: What did you do to him?
- Bronco Billy: I shot her.
- Antoinette Lilly: What! What about him?
- Bronco Billy: He was my best friend!”
“That was a beautiful day. The sun was out, been raining all morning, the air was... first shot, sounded like a firecracker. I looked over, I saw him, I could tell he was hit. I don't know why I didn't react. I should have reacted. I should have been running flat out. I just couldn't believe it. If only I'd reacted, I could have taken that shot....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Whores have to sell the one thing that shouldn't be for sale in the world. And that's love.”
“- Judge Zane: Thank you for your testimony, Officer Reese. Sergeant Highway, drunk and disorderly. Fighting in a public establishment. Urinating on a police vehicle?
- Highway: Well, it seemed like the thing to do, sir.
- Judge Zane: Just because there's no war going on does not give you the right to start one every time you get drunk. Now I'm...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Hicks there is my new pen pal. I'm going to be sending him a letter once a week, and I'm going to be telling him how I'm gonna be looking in on his sick mother, and how I'm trying to get him special privileges here at the prison. And you know what's the interesting part? The interesting part is if anything happens to me, and Hicks doesn't get...” (continue)(continue reading)
“This kind of certainty comes but just once in a lifetime.”
“Promise me you will not spend this on food.”
“- Bartender Red: Your life could be a whole lot simpler if you could learn to operate a VCR.
- Luther Whitney: Truer words were never spoken.”
“I get the wrong idea only when it suits me.”