Clint Eastwood quotes
“- Lilly Raines: I'd say that was safeguarding his dignity.
- Frank Horrigan: That was different. He was different.
- Lilly Raines: Maybe you were different.
- Frank Horrigan: I was different. The whole damn country was different. Everything would be different right now too if I'd been half as a paranoid as I am today.”
“- Mitch Leary: Do you have any idea what I've done for God and country? Some pretty fucking horrible things! I don't even remember who I was before they sunk their claws into me!
- Frank Horrigan: They made you into a real monster, right?
- Mitch Leary: That's right. And now they want to destroy me because we can't have monsters roaming the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Thao: What was it like to kill someone?
- Walt Kowalsky: You don't want to know.”
“- Marisol: Why do you do this for us?
- Joe: Why? I knew someone like you once. There was no one there to help.”
“- Sergeant Webster: [as the platoon is marching back] Major Powers' gonna teach you how to discipline your men.
- Highway: Webster, if Powers ever comes to a sudden stop your face is gonna go half way up his ass.”
“Claudia, she straightened me up, cleared me of drinkin' whiskey and all. Just 'cause we're goin' on this killing, that doesn't mean I'm gonna go back to bein' the way I was. I just need the money, get a new start for them youngsters. Ned, you remember that drover I shot through the mouth and his teeth came out the back of his head? I think about...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm not doing this because I want to take long showers with you assholes and I don't want to get my head shot off in some far away land because you don't habla, comprende?”
“What the hell does everybody want with my Gran Torino?”
“- Sue: The Lutherans brought us over.
- Walt Kowalski: Everybody blames the Lutherans.”
“- Maggie Fitzgerald: You're gonna leave me again?
- Frankie Dunn: Never.”
“- Pyotr Baranovich: Do you smoke?
- Mitchell Gant: No, not for years.
- Pyotr Baranovich: Learn again, now.
- Mitchell Gant: These aren't even Russian cigarettes.
- Pyotr Baranovich: Foreign cigarettes in the mouth of the person you are pretending to be will be even more convincing than anything else - even your papers.”
“People say Hollywood when they want to insult you. Well, really Hollywood is just a place where they make a profit. It's a factory town like Detroit or Birmingham or Schaffhausen. Because the cheap element of the town has been so overly advertised it becomes an insult to remind a man he's from there.”
“- Maggie Fitzgerald: Man says he loves me.
- Frankie Dunn: Well, he's probably not the first one to say that.
- Maggie Fitzgerald: First since my daddy.”