Clint Eastwood quotes
“I'm not afraid of any man, but when it comes to sharing my feelings with a woman, my stomach turns to royal gelatin.”
“- Thao: You should quit. Those things are bad for you.
- Walt Kowalsky: Yeah? So's being in a gang.”
“- Bridget Rossiter: More and more workers insist on the right not to breathe secondhand smoke.
- Steve Everett: And more and more scumbags don't care.”
“- Laura Lee: Kansas was all golden and smelled like sunshine.
- Josey Wales: Yeah, well, I always heard there were three kinds of suns in Kansas: sunshine, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches.”
“Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.”
“- Preacher: Why don't you put me to work?
- Hull Barret: Oh no, I couldn't ask you to, uh... Well, I mean, ya know - maybe if there was somethin' spiritual.
- Preacher: Well, that Spirit ain't worth spit without a little exercise. Now you tell me where.”
“When my nose tells me something stinks, I gotta have faith in it.”
“- Clarence Anglin: Thought we'd pay you a visit.
- Frank Morris: Gonna stay long?
- John Anglin: Not long. Only about fifteen or twenty years.”
“- Pavel Upenskoy: Gant, can you fly that plane? Really fly it?
- Mitchell Gant: Yeah, I can fly it. I'm the best there is.”
“There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I'll get married again.”
“When a man's got money in his pocket, he begins to appreciate peace.”
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.”
“- Gus: I know I'm as blind as a slab of concrete, but I'm not helpless. I'll put a bullet in my head when that happens.
- Mickey: That's comforting.”
“- Red Stovall: Mary was right to go back to her husband. What the hell did I have to offer a kid? Just honky-tonks and flop-houses. That's the life of a country singer, Hoss. Sound good to you?
- Whit: It doesn't sound too hot when you put it like that, but it sure beats picking cotton and living in a sharecropper's shack.”
“I may not be the most pleasant person to be around, but I got the best woman who was ever on this planet to marry me. I worked at it, it was the best thing ever happened to me.”