Robert De Niro quotes
“- Winifred Ames: Why Albania?
- Conrad Brean: Why not?
- Winifred Ames: What have they done to us?
- Conrad Brean: What have they done for us? What do you know about them?
- Winifred Ames: Nothing.
- Conrad Brean: See? They keep to themselves. Shifty. Untrustable.”
“The funny thing about firemen is... night and day they are always firemen.”
“To keep from going crazy, you have to cut yourself off from the outside world, just not think about it.”
“You ready to be born again, Miss Bowden?”
“There comes a time in everybody's life when you have to stand up for somethin'. Otherwise, you're just passin' on through.”
“- Chris Shiherlis: Charlene's gonna leave me.
- Neil McCauley: Why?
- Chris Shiherlis: Not enough steaks in the freezer.”
“They say there's enough religion in the world to make men hate each other, but not enough to make them love.”
“- Jack: I've never seen anything like that! What do you have in mind?
- Nick: I don't know, but if somebody built it, somebody can unbuild it.”
“- Jonathan Mardukas: You ever had sex with an animal, Jack? Remember those chickens on the Indian reservation? There were some good looking chickens there Jack. You know, between us...
- Jack Walsh: Yeah, there were a couple there I might've taken a shot at.”
“- Father Bobby: It was the Sistine Chapel he painted.
- John: Sixteenth Chapel?
- Father Bobby: Sistine Chapel.
- John: Who painted the other fifteen?”
“- Conrad Brean: You watched the Gulf War, what do you see day after day? The one smart bomb falling down the chimney. The truth? I was in the building when we shot that shot - we shot in a studio, Falls Church, Virginia. One-tenth scale model of a building.
- Stanley Motss: Is that true?
- Conrad Brean: How the fuck do we know? You take my point?”
“- Stan: How does it feel to be shot?
- Michael: Doesn't hurt. That's what you wanna know.”
“If you don't mind, I'm gonna pass out.”
“- Eve: How long will I have to wait?
- Noodles: A year and a half, more or less. Six months off for good behaviour.
- Eve: What are you gonna do?
- Noodles: Don't ask.”
“- Roger Van Zant: What are you doing?
- Neil McCauley: What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone.
- Roger Van Zant: I don't understand.
- Neil McCauley: 'Cause there is a dead man on the other end of this fuckin' line.”
- Jonathan Mardukas: I asked you if you were hurt and you said "yeah, I'm hurt".
- Jack Walsh: That's because you made me say it. Startin' to put words in my mouth.
- Jonathan Mardukas: Jack, you're a grown man. You're in control of your own words.
- Jack Walsh: You're goddamn right I am. Now here come two words for you: shut the fuck up.