Tom Cruise quotes
“- Fast Eddie Felson: You know what this is turning into?
- Vincent Lauria: What?
- Fast Eddie Felson: A waste of my time, and a waste of my money.”
“- Katsumoto: I will die by the sword. My own, or my enemy's.
- Nathan Algren: Then let it be your enemy's.”
“- Brian: Is this our waterfall?
- Jordan: No.
- Brian: It's terrific.
- Jordan: Yeah, it's all right. The name's Mooney, not Monet.”
“- Rachel Ferrier: I wanna go inside.
- Ray Ferrier: All right, go ahead inside.
- Rachel Ferrier: I dont wanna go by myself.”
“- Katsumoto: I like this General Custer.
- Nathan Algren: He was a murderer who fell in love with his own legend. And his troopers died for it.”
“We walk, and Afghanistan reverts back to the Taliban. Only now the Taliban has metastasized into something infinitely more vicious and potent because they're now 2-0 versus superpowers. They butcher the people who helped us, who voted and were stupid enough to put their faith in our word. So call it not only the end of hope for 10s of millions...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ray Ferrier: Haven't you heard? Between me and my brother, we know everything.
- Rachel Ferrier: What's the capital of Australia?
- Ray Ferrier: That's one my brother knows.”
“Millions of galaxies of hundreds of millions of stars, in a speck on one in a blink. That's us, lost in space. The cop, you, me... Who notices?”
“We're fighting a brand of evil that thinks the last 1,300 years of human progress is heresy punishable by violent death.”
“I've been trained to dismantle a bomb in the pitch black with nothing but a safety pin and a Junior Mint, I think I can get you in and out of some clothes without... looking. I'm not saying that's what I did.”
“Most people - same job, same gig, doing the same thing 10 years from now. Us, we don't know what we are doing 10 minutes from now.”
“- Iceman: You can be my wingman any time.
- Maverick: Bullshit! You can be mine.”
“Believe me, Bonnie. You are gonna wake up tomorrow morning with a sigh of relief because I'm not there.”
“Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves.”
“- Les Grossman - Grossman's Office: A nutless monkey could do your job. Now, go get drunk and take credit at all the parties.
- Studio Executive Rob Slolom - Vietnam Crew: I wouldn't do that.
- Les Grossman - Grossman's Office: Ah... joking.
- Studio Executive Rob Slolom - Vietnam Crew: Ah, there he is! Funny. You're a funny guy.
- Les Grossman...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ron Kovic: That was the war, communism, the incidious evil! They told us to go.
- Mrs. Kovic: Yes, yes that's what they told us.
- Ron Kovic: Thou shalt not kill, Mom. Thou shalt not kill women and children! Thou shalt not kill! Remember? Isn't that what you taught us? Isn't that what they taught us?
- Mrs. Kovic: Stop it! Stop it!”
- Lt. Daniel Kaffee: This your signature?
- Lance Cpl. Harold W. Dawson: Yes, sir.
- Lt. Daniel Kaffee: You don't have to call me "sir". Is this your signature?
- Pfc. Louden Downey: Sir, yes, sir.
- Lt. Daniel Kaffee: You certainly don't need to do it twice in one sentence.
- Miles: Sometimes you gotta say "What the fuck", make your move. Joel, every now and then, saying "What the fuck" brings freedom. Freedom brings opportunity, opportunity makes your future. So, your parents are going out of town. You got the place all to yourself.
- Joel Goodson: Yeah.
- Miles: What the fuck.