Tom Cruise quotes
“Talk is overrated as a means of resolving disputes.”
“- Lestat: It's your coffin, my love. Enjoy it. Most of us never get to know what it feels like.
- Louis: Why do you do this?
- Lestat: I like to do it. I enjoy it. Take your aesthete's taste to purer things, kill them swiftly, if you will, but do it. For do not doubt: you are a killer, Louis.”
“- Joel Goodson: Some of the girls are wearing my mother's clothing.
- Lana: What's wrong with that?
- Joel Goodson: I just don't want to spend the rest of my life in analysis.”
“- Lestat: Do you still want death or is this enough?
- Louis: Enough.”
“- Ethan Hunt: Tomorrow is perhaps the only time we'll be able to predict where Davian will be: at Vatican City. Our mission, is to get in there, and kidnap Davian.
- Luther Stickell: I don't know what he's so happy about. I did remind him that the Vatican is the Vatican. An 109 acres Sovereign State in the middle of Rome, surrounded by a sixty...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Joel Goodson: You didn't tell anyone, did ya?
- Miles: No... Glen knows.
- Joel Goodson: What about Barry?
- Miles: He knows too.
- Joel Goodson: Okay. Just don't tell anyone.”
“For 500 bucks a month I'll kill whoever you want. But keep one thing in mind: I'd happily kill you for free.”
“- Joseph Donnelly: I pretend I love you.
- Shannon Christie: I pretend I love you, too.”
“Days get shorter and shorter, nights longer and longer, before you know it, your life is just one long night with a few comatose daylight hours.”
“- Viper: In case some of you are wondering who the best is, they are up here on this plaque.
[turns to Maverick]
- Viper: Do you think your name will be on that plaque?
- Maverick: Yes, sir.
- Viper: That's pretty arrogant, considering the company you're in.
- Maverick: Yes, sir.
- Viper: I like that in a pilot.”
“- Col. Nathan R. Jessup: I felt his life might be in danger.
- Lt. Daniel Kaffee: Grave danger?
- Col. Nathan R. Jessup: [sarcastically] Is there another kind?”
“Ever since I was a kid I've wanted this, I've wanted to serve my country, and I want to go. I want to go to Vietnam, and I'll die there if I have to.”
“- Charlie: Listen, can I ask you a personal question?
- Maverick: That depends.
- Charlie: Are you a good pilot?
- Maverick: I can hold my own.
- Charlie: Great, then I won't have to worry about you making your living as a singer.
- Maverick: I'm going to need a beer to put these flames out. Yo! Great Mav, real slick.”
“I'm a soldier, but in serving my country, I have betrayed my conscience.”
“Harry, I'm droppin the hammer.”
“- Ethan Hunt: I'm part of an agency... called the IMF.
- Julia: What's that stand for?
- Ethan Hunt: Impossible Mission Force.”
“- Lestat: No one could resist me, not even you, Louis.
- Louis: I tried.
- Lestat: And the more you tried, the more I wanted you.”
“- Lestat: Lord, what I wouldn't give for a drop of good old-fashioned Creole blood.
- Louis: Yankees are not to your taste?
- Lestat: Their democratic flavor doesn't suit my palate, Louis.”