Clint Eastwood quotes
“- Steve Everett: I'm writing a human-interest sidebar. Do you know what that is?
- Counter Woman at Pocum's Grocery: No, I don't think I do.
- Steve Everett: I don't think I do either.”
“- Lt. Donnelly: Harry, these bastards are not a bunch of junkies. In their minds you killed Threlkis, same as if you pulled the trigger. They're not gonna stop, they're gonna keep comin' after you.
- Harry Callahan: Good, that way we'll know where they are.
- Lt. Donnelly: You're incredible, Callahan!”
“- Captain Donnelly: You know what this is, Callahan? It's a bill for a TV camera and lens. When I told you to stop wrecking our cars, I didn't mean go out and find something else to destroy!
- Harry Callahan: They were interfering with an official investigation, Sir.
- Lt. Ackerman: Don't give us that. Is this your idea of cooperation with the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Cholla: You Philo Beddoe?
- Philo Beddoe: Do I know you?
- Cholla: You're gonna.”
“- Henry Lowenstein: You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son of a bitch. Anybody ever tell you that?
- Steve Everett: Just close friends and family.”
“To me you're nothin' but dogshit, you understand? And a lot of things can happen to dogshit. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground. It can dry up and blow away in the wind. Or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice and be careful where the dog shits ya!”
“I may not be the most pleasant person to be around, but I got the best woman who was ever on this planet to marry me.”
“- Frank Corvin: Well, what do you say, Reverend? You think a prayer's in order?
- Tank Sullivan: I was just reciting the Shepard's Prayer. Alan Shepard's prayer. Oh Lord, please don't let us screw up. Amen.”
“- Father Janovich: Why didn't you call the police?
- Walt Kowalski: Well you know, I prayed for them to come but nobody answered.”
“- Sergeant Webster: Major Powers and I are building an e-lite company of fighting men.
- Highway: The only thing you could build, Webster... is a good case of hemorrhoids.”
“- Orville: Philo... Jordan said he'd give us 200 big ones if we scrap that Merc for him.
- Philo Beddoe: Great. Clyde? Scrap the Merc.”
“You shoot to kill, you better hit the heart.”
“- Lieutenant M.R. Ring: [bumps into Highway] Excuse me, sir. I mean, Gunny. Sergeant Major.
- Choozoo: Sir. This is Gunnery Sergent Thomas Highway. He's been assigned to Recon Platoon.
- Lieutenant M.R. Ring: Oh, outstanding, welcome aboard. Well, I have to hightail it men. I'm late for pre-scuba school.
- Lieutenant M.R. Ring: [looks at...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mitch Leary: The irony is so thick you could choke on it.
- Frank Horrigan: There's no fucking irony, Mitch.
- Mitch Leary: Think, Frank. The same government that trained me to kill trained you to protect. Yet now you want to kill me while up on that roof I protected you. They're gonna write books about us, Frank.”
“- Hawk Hawkins: Would you prefer this man, with his asymmetrical sagging ass-cheeks, his love-handles the size of Nebraska, and his oh-so-ugly in-grown toenail...?
- Frank Corvin: Or this son of a bitch with the chicken-gizzard neck and the face that looks like thirty miles of Death Valley fire trail?”
“I've got a special message for you little pardners out there. I want you to finish your oatmeal at breakfast and do as your mom and pa tell you because they know best. Don't ever tell a lie and say your prayers at night before you go to bed. And as our friends south of the border say, 'Adios, amigos.”
“- Captain Briggs: In more than 30 years of police work, this is the single, most outrageous transgression of authority I ever heard about. What the hell did you think you were doing?
- Harry Callahan: My job.”