Clint Eastwood quotes
“The only people who want to live to 100 are 99 year olds.”
“I thought it was more important to be somebody out there than the damn failure I was here at my own home.”
“Are you sure you're Mexican? You're acting like you're under The Fuhrer or something.”
“For what it's worth, I'm sorry for everything.”
“Yeah next time you see me, I'll be texting my brains out!”
“- Captain Donnelly: 13,453 dollars and 63 cents. That's how much an unmarked squad car costs this department. That's the third goddamned car you trashed this month.
- Harry Callahan: Lou Janero.
- Captain Donnelly: What?
- Harry Callahan: It's his men who shot up the car, why don't you send him the bill?”
“Sweetheart, if there's any justice on this planet, they'll never make you give back that red dress.”
“- Frank Corvin: You know what the worst day of my life was? The day Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon. I was probably the only person in America who wanted to commit suicide that day.
- Hawk Hawkins: Well, thanks a lot Frank. We haven't spoken in twelve years and that's basically been the big question on my mind, what could make you commit...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The old dreams were good dreams, they didn't work out, but glad I had them.”
“You wanna know what it's like to kill a man? Well, it's goddamn awful, that's what it is. The only thing worse is getting a medal... for killing some poor kid that wanted to just give up, that's all. Yeah, some scared little gook just like you. I shot him in the face with that rifle you were holding in there a while ago. Not a day goes by that I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Any man don't wanna get killed better clear on out the back.”
“Don't you Jews ever get tired of fighting City Hall?”
“- Vince: Well, you can take an early retirement, collect disability. With the pension we offer you should be comfortable.
- Gus: Save it. Being comfortable is overrated.”
“- Pavel Upenskoy: You can use this?
- Mitchell Gant: I can use it.
- Pavel Upenskoy: Good. Don't, unless it's absolutely necessary.”
“I've got to go have my pacemaker checked, it has been so exciting talking to you.”
“The budget for Apocalypse Now in 1979 was over $25 million. For that sort of money we could have invaded somewhere.”
“If I lived there, I'd move.”
“- Walt Kowalski: In 1952, we were sent up to take out a Chinese machine gun nest. It shredded us up pretty good. I was the only one who came back that day. Not long after, they gave me a silver star... Here, I want you to have it.
- Thao: Why?
- Walt Kowalski: Because we all knew the dangers that night, but we went in anyway. That's the way it...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Smokie: Go back in the house.
- Walt Kowalski: Yeah? I blow a hole in your face and then I go in the house... and I sleep like a baby. You can count on that.”