Job quotes1058 job quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Kevin Flynn: Hey Ram, what were you, you know, before?
- Ram: I was an actuarial program. Worked for a big insurance company. It really gives you a great feeling helping folks plan for their future needs. Of course, if you take the payments as an annuity over the years, the cost is really quite minimal.”
“- Ellen Mitchell: What do you do for a living?
- Dave Kovic: When I'm not running the country?
- Ellen Mitchell: Yeah.
- Dave Kovic: I run a temp agency. You know, secretaries and stuff.
- Ellen Mitchell: So you find people jobs.”
“We live this job. It's something we are, not something we do! Every time a cop walks up to a car and has to give a speeding ticket, he know he may have to kill someone or be killed himself.”
“- Mr. Smiley's Manager: I don't think you'd fit in here.
- Lester Burnham: I have fast food experience.
- Mr. Smiley's Manager: Yeah, like twenty years ago!
- Lester Burnham: Well, I'm sure there have been amazing technological advances in the industry, but surely you must have some sort of training program. It seems unfair to presume I won't be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“My job, sir, is to evaluate radiation hazards to United States Army personnel. My wife's not enlisted in the Army. Why doesn't the colonel concern himself with the safety of men who are, rather than the mammaries of women who are not?”
- Colonel Jonathan "Jack" O'Neil: Your job here is to re-align the star gate. Can you do that or not?
- Dr. Daniel Jackson: I can't.
“You know what you think about when you’re lying here. You know you’re going to die. You think it’s alright. You lived a long time. You had a family that loved you. You had a job that you thought made a difference, that you thought was honorable.”
“I don't think you should take that job. Piano players are sexy, salesmen are uncles.”
“- Biff Loman: I tell you Happy, I don't know what the future is. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
- Harold 'Happy' Loman: What do you mean?
- Biff Loman: I spent six or seven years after High School trying to work myself up, being a shipping clerk, salesman, business of one kind or another. It's a measly manner of existence. To get on that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If we all do our jobs, we will each be rewarded according to our just desserts.”
“- Sam Kamin: That's my job. I find people to be in movies.
- Max Zamphirescu: They pay for this? That's so stupid!
- Sam Kamin: You've been talking to my father, haven't you!”
“The only real truth is the work.”
“- Cammie: I'm Cammie, the Russian tease.
- Violet Sanford: Violet, the Jersey nun.
- Cammie: That one's Rachel, the New York bitch. We all play our little parts. Only Rachel really is a bitch, and I really am a tease.”
“Today, it's all cut and dried, and there's no chance for bringing friendship to bear or personality. You see what I mean? They don't know me anymore.”
“I've been offered a choice between no job and a job no one would want.”
“We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.”
“- Tom Baxter: I guess I have to get a job.
- Cecilia: That's not gonna be so easy either, right now the whole country's out of work.
- Tom Baxter: Well, then, we'll live on love. We'll have to make some concessions, but so what? We'll have each other.
- Cecilia: That's movie talk.”
“- Tony Hawes: He doesn't do things by the book. He just doesn't respect the rules. Is he really the kind of person we should be employing at Barings?
- Ron Baker: Fuck the rules. It's barrow boys like Nick who are turning the City of London around. You can't run a modern financial centre with a bunch of Hooray Henries.”
“- Assistant: Well Mr. Mooney is downstairs and he is P-I-S-E-D.
- Jane: Pised?”