Children quotes917 children quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Children are the only form of immortality that we can be sure of.”
“If our children can live safely for one more day it would be worth the one more day that we defend this island.”
“Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for fuckin’ dinner!”
“I can't have a baby because I have a 12:30 lunch meeting.”
“- Mrs. Knowles: The point is, we establish criteria for parenting, and an ex-convict compared to other desirables...
- Frank: Great, so we'll take a kid that's not so desirable. You got a black kid? We'll take a black kid. You got a chink kid?
- Mrs. Knowles: You don't seem to understand...
- Frank: Nobody likes older kids. You got an eight-year...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Annie: Mrs. Burbridge, would you come over here for a moment? Has it escaped your attention that these children have head to toe poison oak?
- Adele Burbridge: Well no, I... well yes, but...
- Annie: But what? My children are in need of medical assistance! And you can sit here and smugly lecture me on the importance of tests? Tests which exist...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I would like a nice, powerful, mind-altering substance. Preferably one that will make my unborn children grow gills.”
“The world would be a lot better off without kids.”
“There's one thing every little kid knows: Daddies mean fun; mommies mean business.”
“A child without courage is like a night without stars!”
“The kid makes fires. And not such little ones. He played hooky from summer school and even made fires on the beach where it's forbidden. What the hell does the kid see when he just stares into the flames? Is it the eternal power of the universe? The conversion of mass into energy? The Furies at work? Whatever his motive, it is not appreciated.”
“My idea of a perfect school is one in which there are no children… at all.”
“I can not for the life of me understand why small children take so long to grow up. I think they do it deliberately, just to annoy me.”
“They used to say that a child conceived in love has a greater chance of happiness. They don't say that anymore.”
“- Katherine Newbury: I can’t give you a raise, Gabe. It’s like giving a raise to a drug addict.
- Gabe Eichler: What?
- Katherine Newbury: Well, your situations are virtually identical. A drug addict makes certain decisions outside of work for their sense of self and comfort, and then the addiction demands more time, more energy, more money,...” (continue)(continue reading)