Robert De Niro quotes
“- Steven: Where is a guy like Nick getting money like this?
- Michael: I don't know. Cards maybe.”
“There is violence in Chicago. But not by me, and not by anybody who works for me, and I'll tell you why because it's bad for business.”
“Some guys on this job, the fire owns them, makes 'em fight it on it's level, but the only way to truly kill it is to love it a little.”
“- Det. Mitch Preston: Why did you want to be a cop, anyway?
- Officer Trey Sellars: Because I was a shitty waiter.”
“After the Teamsters got knocked out of the box, the corporations tore down practically every one of the old casinos. And where did the money come from to rebuild the pyramids? Junk bonds. But in the end, I wound up right back where I started. I could still pick winners, and I could still make money for all kinds of people back home. And why mess...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Anybody who doesn't contradict me can expect nothing but good things from me.”
“Most people respect the badge. Everyone respects the gun.”
“- Martha: Have you ever actually caught a fish, Joseph?
- Megs: Martha, the only way I'm going to catch a fish, I got a feeling, is to drain the pond.”
“- Jean-Pierre: My hobby. One grows old.
- Sam: I knew a lot of fellas, friends of mine, that just wanted to live to open a bar.”
“- Dina Byrnes: I had no idea you could milk a cat!
- Greg Focker: Oh, you can milk just about anything with nipples.
- Jack Byrnes: I have nipples, Greg, could you milk me?”
“I've never shown contempt for people who fear me.”
The only real question we should ask ourselves during our existence is: "How much is a man's life worth?".
“Rise and shine because it is time!”
“- Vincent LaMarca: How'd we get this way son? I remember the day you were born.
- Joey: Yeah? Well, I remember the day you left. So we're even.”
“- Jonathan Mardukas: You ever had lyonnaise potatoes? They are these types of potatoes that are sautéed but then they have this onion thing added to them, and they are really, really delicious. They work well with any, uh, chicken or pork dish. You know I could set you up with lyonnaise potatoes for the rest of your life.
- Jack Walsh: Why don't...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jake La Motta: I heard some things.
- Joey LaMotta: You heard about me and Salvy.
- Jake La Motta: I heard things, Joey.
- Joey LaMotta: Yeah you heard that I cracked Salvy all around. What did you hear?
- Jake La Motta: I heard things, Joey. I heard things.
- Joey LaMotta: What things you heard?
- Jake La Motta: I heard some things.”
- Sam "Ace" Rothstein: Three fuckin' jackpots in 20 minutes? Why didn't you pull the machines? Why didn't you call me?
- Don Ward: Well, it happened so quick, 3 guys won; I didn't have a chance...
- Sam "Ace" Rothstein: You didn't see the scam? You didn't see what was going on?
- Don Ward: Well, there's no way to determine that...
- Sam "Ace"... (continue)(continue reading)