Robert De Niro quotes
“- Jack Byrnes: Are you still physically attracted to my daughter, Greg?
- Greg Focker: To Pam? Are you kidding? Yes. Jack, there's never been a problem with that.
- Jack Byrnes: [sternly] Even after her body's endured the hellish ordeal of birthing twins?
- Greg Focker: Yes. Even after that. It's still... It's all good. It's all good under the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rudy: You know what you are? You're like a gas leak. We don't see, we don't smell you, and you're silently killing us all.
- Terry: I am not a gas leak! You take that back, you asshole of a monster man!
- Rudy: You creature from the Black Lagoon.”
“- Bobby Rayburn: There's more to life than just baseball.
- Gil Renard: Like what? Like your house? Like your big ass car? Like your 40 fucking' million? I mean, what the fuck do you care about?
- Bobby Rayburn: I care about my son. That's what I care about.”
“- Jake La Motta: I knocked him down. I don't know what else I gotta do. I don't know what I gotta do...
- Joey LaMotta: You won and they robbed ya! They're miserable because their mothers take it up the fuckin' ass! That's why.
- Jake La Motta: I've done a lot of bad things, Joey. Maybe it's comin' back to me. Who knows? I'm a jinx maybe. Who...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You know what you are? You're like a gas leak. We don't see, we don't smell you, and your silently killing us all.”
- Ben: "You're never wrong to do the right thing".
- Jules: Who said that, you?
- Ben: Yeah. But I'm pretty sure Mark Twain said it first.
“- Nick: You trying to look like a prince?
- Michael: What do you mean, 'trying'?”
“- Det. Mitch Preston: My ex and I were on the rocks, and my marriage counselor said I needed to take up a hobby.
- Officer Trey Sellars: How come you never got good at it?
- Det. Mitch Preston: Well, it's kind of like you and police work. I never took it that seriously.”
“If I can't get it up, that makes me less of a man, and I can't have that. In my world I deal with animals. They may seem dumb to an educated guy like you, but make no mistake. Animals are very cunning, and they sense weakness.”
“- Michael: Hey, Nick, do you think we'll ever come back?
- Nick: From Vietnam?
- Michael: Yeah.
- Nick: You know something, the whole thing, it's right here. I love this fucking place. I know that soundscrazy. If anything happens, Mike, don't leave, don't leave me over there. You got, you've got to, hey, just don't leave me. You've got to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jules: I don't want to be buried alone. Paige'll be with her husband, and Matt'll be with his new family, and I will be buried with strangers. I'll be buried in the strangers singles section of the cemetery.
- Ben: Let's take that one off your plate right now. You can be buried with me and Molly. I happen to have space, okay?”
“- Rusty: I'm an artist, you know?
- Walt Koontz: Bullshit. You're a fucking drag queen.
- Rusty: Let me savour those lovely words for a moment. What are you, channeling Jesse Helms?
- Walt Koontz: Don't be so sensitive. You can take a dick, you can take an insult.”
“1957 was a big year. The Russians put that Sputnik into outer space, the Dodgers played their last game at Ebbets Field to say goodbye to Brooklyn, that guy shot Frank Costello in the head, and missed, and the Gallo brothers whacked Albert Anastasia in the barber shop of the Sheraton View hotel. It was total chaos.”
“- Gil Renard: Can I just say something? Did you ever think how one man who's doing well... might throw off the rest of the team? What I'm saying is, like, you have to think what's best for the team, right? You might have to lay down a sacrifice. I'm talking about Bobby Rayburn's number. I don't know if you really understand how much he needs...” (continue)(continue reading)
A neighbor of mine says, "Looking for nice churches, come to Concrete. Looking for sin, go to Hell".
“- Jake La Motta: Come on, hit me. Harder. Harder.
- Joey LaMotta: What the fuck do you want? That's hard. What are you trying to prove?”
“- Young John: Hey, uh, Father. How long did it take him? You know, paintin' the ceiling and all?
- Father Bobby: Took him about nine years.
- Young John: Nine years?
- Father Bobby: That's right.
- Young John: For a ceiling? I had a Puerto Rican guy do my whole apartment in two days... and he had a bum leg.”
“Any more of these demos and I'm gonna have to start shaving the hair off my ass.”
“- Jake La Motta: Don't give me that look, Joey. I gotta accept your answer, you know? But If I hear anything, I swear on our mother I'm gonna kill somebody. I'm gonna kill somebody, Joey.
- Joey LaMotta: Well go ahead and kill if you're a tough guy, go kill people! Kill Vicki, kill Salvy, kill Tommy Como, kill me while you're at it, what do I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Distrust is a disease that kills a friendship.”
“A guy can get anything he wants as long as he pays the price.”