Robert De Niro quotes
“- Jake La Motta: Don't give me that look, Joey. I gotta accept your answer, you know? But If I hear anything, I swear on our mother I'm gonna kill somebody. I'm gonna kill somebody, Joey.
- Joey LaMotta: Well go ahead and kill if you're a tough guy, go kill people! Kill Vicki, kill Salvy, kill Tommy Como, kill me while you're at it, what do I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Distrust is a disease that kills a friendship.”
“A guy can get anything he wants as long as he pays the price.”
- Greg Focker: Who would've thought it wasn't really about a dragon, huh?
- Jack Byrnes: What do you mean?
- Greg Focker: You know, the whole drug thing?
- Jack Byrnes: No, I don't know. Why don't you tell me?
- Greg Focker: Some people think that to "Puff the Magic Dragon" means to... they're really, uh... to smoke... to smoke... a marijuana... (continue)(continue reading)
“If you give me a job, I'll always see it through.”
“Can I give you a little bit of advice, Jack? If you took one-tenth of the time you spend on killing people and devoted it to reading a book now and then, I really think you would derive great benefit. Don't you?”
“You want my advice? Make a list of everything you want now and spend the next twenty-five years getting it, slowly, piece by piece.”
“My parents did put the first two down payments on my childhood. Don't get me wrong, but they did also return me to the hospital as defective.”
“- Robert Stansfield: You're not a writer, Fred.
- Fred Blake: You even said I have a style of my own.
- Robert Stansfield: You're just a mean son-of-a-bitch that managed to save his own ass.”
“- Nick: I sound like some asshole, right?
- Michael: I tell you Nick, you're the only guy I go hunting with, you know. I like a guy with quick moves and speed. I'm not going to hunt with no assholes.”
“What about me? When is it ever Dwight's turn for some consideration? What about me? I'll tell you one thing: You'll remember me!”
- Mike: You got laid last night?
- Wayne "Mad Dog" Dobie: I don't get laid, I make love.
“- Carl Van Loon: Have you been talking to anyone?
- Eddie Morra: No, I haven't been talking to anybody, Carl. I'm not stupid.
- Carl Van Loon: I know you're not stupid, Eddie, but don't make the classic smart person's mistake thinking no one's smarter than you.”
“I'm bound for the promise land.”
“I lived outside the law, but only outlaws didn't judge me.”
“I don't like to cause pain for no reason, because all my sadistic urges are satisfied when I cause pain for a good reason.”
“Before I ever ran a casino or got myself blown up, Ace Rothstein was a hell of a handicapper, I can tell you that. I was so good that when I bet, I can change the odds for every bookmaker in the country. I'm serious. I had it down so cold that I was given paradise on earth. I was given one of the biggest casinos in Las Vegas to run: The Tangiers...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The only thing is that the map, the map is not the territory.”