Robert De Niro quotes
“- Harry Tuttle: Bloody paperwork. Huh!
- Sam Lowry: I suppose one has to expect a certain amount.
- Harry Tuttle: Why? I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there's trouble, a man alone. Now they got the whole country sectioned off, you can't make a move without a form.”
“- Jake La Motta: She says he's pretty.
- Joey LaMotta: Yeah, well, you make him ugly.”
“If I talk to you, and you turn me into a fag... I'm gonna kill you , you understand?”
“- Deputy: Father, Father I've been shot!
- Ned: I'm very happy for you.”
“- Greg Focker: They don't call me Barry Poppins for nothing.
- Jack Byrnes: Why would someone call you Barry Poppins?
- Greg Focker: They wouldn't.”
“A lot of young directors really don't understand actors, how to work with them. They're into techniques, effects.”
“There's nothing so offensive to me as watching an actor with his ego.”
“I feel a lot of distance, and I feel far away.”
“In Vegas, everybody's gotta watch everybody else. Since the players are looking to beat the casino, the dealers are watching the players. The box men are watching the dealers. The floor men are watching the box men. The pit bosses are watching the floor men. The shift bosses are watching the pit bosses. The casino manager is watching the shift...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rusty: Let me guess, a Jehovah's Witness?
- Walt Koontz: I was wondering, uh, if I could pay you for singing lessons?
- Rusty: Oh hahaha, oh, honey, I'd rather suck Hitler's dead dick.
- Walt Koontz: I bet you already did!”
“Let me describe the scene to you. There are these guys, see? They've probably been up for like two days. They stink of B.O., they have coffee breath, they're constipated from sittin' on their asses for so long, they're sitting in a van, and they're probably parked right up the street from your office, Eddie. Your phone is tapped!”
“- Jason Kelly: [shows up in a yellow sweater and plaid slacks] Well, how do I look?
- Dick Kelly: Like the keynote speaker at a butt-fucking convention.”
“When life reaches out at a moment like this it's a sin if you don't reach back! It'll haunt you the rest of your days like a curse. You're facing a big challenge in your life right now at this very moment, right here. That girl loves you, she really loves you. So don't fuck this up.”
“This morning I was worth 20 million dollars. I'm probably worth double that now. I've cheated death so many times in my life, I don't even think about it any more.”
“- Father Des Spellacy: He might have been there on a pastoral call.
- Det. Tom Spellacy: When was the last time you hung your pants over the side of the bed while making a house call?
- Father Des Spellacy: I admit, that's not the way they teach you at the seminary.”
“You’re so beautiful. You could have married anybody. Married a doctor, a lawyer, a nice man, instead of this… I don’t even know what to call this guy.”
“I have so much respect for directors. It's a tremendous amount of pressure; you have to keep steadfast and keep what you know is right.”