Robert De Niro quotes
“Look what this fucking mutt did to my shoes.”
“Every man... every man has to go through hell to reach paradise.”
“Big motherfucker. Little motherfucker. Which motherfucker do you want?”
“- Nick: Have you lost your fucking mind?
- Max: Yes, years ago!”
“- Max: Sit down, Noodles. Make yourself comfortable. I'm glad you accepted my invitation.
- Noodles: Well, I was curious. So many important people in one place...
- Max: Yes. Well, the rats usually desert a sinking ship. But in my case, they appear to be flocking on board.”
“You know who gave Hitler his power? The clerks and the bookkeepers, the civil servants. I have this one weakness: I believe in a just God. I always seem to err on the side of democracy. No matter what anyone tells you there'll be no one you can really trust. I'm afraid when all is said and done we're all just clerks too.”
“- Dr. Ben Sobel: Freud believed you're everyone in your dreams.
- Paul Vitti: Fuck Freud. After what you just told me, you know, I'm afraid to call my own mother on the phone!”
“I understand, I'm not your type, too many tattoos. Thing is, there isn't much to do in prison except desecrate your flesh.”
“- Hunter: He wanted me here to protect you. And you look like you needed protecting.
- Anne: From what?
- Hunter: You.”
“- Jack Walsh: Are you gonna propose to me?
- Joey: Propose?
- Jack Walsh: Propose! Because if you're not, quit starin' at me, ok?”
“Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle.”
“- Salvy Batts: I don't want him to fuck me.
- Jake La Motta: I could do that easily.
- Salvy Batts: How ya gonna do that?
- Jake La Motta: Because I'll get youse both in a ring, I'll give youse both a fuckin' beatin', ya both can fuck each other.
- Salvy Batts: I get all full of blood.
- Jake La Motta: You're used to that.”
“It's a living thing, Brian. It breathes, it eats, and it hates. The only way to beat it is to think like it. To know that this flame will spread this way across the door and up across the ceiling, not because of the physics of flammable liquids, but because it wants to.”
“You don't know how to assess your competition because you haven't competed.”
“You can want in one hand and shit in the other, and see which one fills first.”
- Paul Vitti: Jelly, did they find that note?
- Jelly: No, but they will in a minute.
- Dr. Ben Sobel: Oh, and let me guess what it says? "Life is bullshit, I can't fucking take it no more! Signed, the Dead Guy".
- Jelly: That's good, Doc.
“There's nothing wrong with spying as long as you suspect foul play.”
“- Bill Sullivan: I see this as America's eyes and ears; I don't want it to become its heart and soul. So I told the president for this to work there is going to have to be some kind of civilian oversight.
- Edward Wilson: Oversight? How can you have a covert organization if you have people looking over your shoulder?”
“I inform on these people, they lose their jobs, they lose their... everything.”