Robin Williams quotes
“The human spirit is more powerful than any drug, and that is what needs to be nourished: with work, play, friendship, family. These are the things that matter. This is what we'd forgotten, the simplest things.”
“Hunger for hope may be worse than hunger for food.”
- Hopkins: [reading his poem] "The cat sat on the mat".
- John Keating: Congratulations, Mr. Hopkins. You have the first poem to ever have a negative score on the Pritchard scale.
“Is that a kind of occupational hazard of soulmates? One's not much without the other?”
“If it was really unpatriotic to question one's government, we'd still be British.”
“God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not
enough blood supply to run both at the same time.”
“I'm back! I got lips again and I'm gonna use them, baby!”
“- Rufio: Do you know what I wish?
- Peter Pan: What?
- Rufio: I wish I had a dad... like you.”
“- Reno Hightower: I get better with age. My knees are killing me. I'm slow.
- Jack Dundee: That's why you didn't want to play the game.
- Reno Hightower: No. I just didn't want to destroy the only thing I've got left, those stories about how great I was.”
“There is a time for daring and a time for caution, and a wise man knows which is called for.”
“- Lydia Hillard: Why can't you and Mom just pretend to be happy?
- Daniel Hillard: We probably could.
- Lydia Hillard: And we'd still be a family.
- Daniel Hillard: Yeah we would be, but we'd be a pretend family, you know? It wouldn't be real.”
“As a robot, I could have lived forever. But I tell you all today, I would rather die a man, than live for all eternity a machine.”
“- Sgt. Major Dickerson: This is not military issue, airman. What sort of uniform is that?
- Adrian Cronauer: Cretan camouflage sir. If you want to blend in with a bunch of drunken Greeks there's nothing better.”
“If it can be dreamed, it can be done.”
“- Alan Parrish: Where's Sir Sav-A-Lot?
- Carl: Monroe and Elm!
- Alan Parrish: The Episcopal Church.
- Carl: No, it's not a church anymore. Now it's a Speedy Burger. Or at least it was. I don't know what's left of it. People in this town are goin' loopy.”