Robin Williams quotes
- Hopkins: [reading his poem] "The cat sat on the mat".
- John Keating: Congratulations, Mr. Hopkins. You have the first poem to ever have a negative score on the Pritchard scale.
“Is that a kind of occupational hazard of soulmates? One's not much without the other?”
“If it was really unpatriotic to question one's government, we'd still be British.”
“God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not
enough blood supply to run both at the same time.”
“I'm back! I got lips again and I'm gonna use them, baby!”
“- Rufio: Do you know what I wish?
- Peter Pan: What?
- Rufio: I wish I had a dad... like you.”
“- Reno Hightower: I get better with age. My knees are killing me. I'm slow.
- Jack Dundee: That's why you didn't want to play the game.
- Reno Hightower: No. I just didn't want to destroy the only thing I've got left, those stories about how great I was.”
“There is a time for daring and a time for caution, and a wise man knows which is called for.”
“- Lydia Hillard: Why can't you and Mom just pretend to be happy?
- Daniel Hillard: We probably could.
- Lydia Hillard: And we'd still be a family.
- Daniel Hillard: Yeah we would be, but we'd be a pretend family, you know? It wouldn't be real.”
“Good morning, Vietnam! Hey, this is not a test. This is rock and roll. Time to rock it from the delta to the DMZ! Is that me, or does that sound like an Elvis Presley movie? Viva Da Nang. Oh, viva, Da Nang. Da Nang me, Da Nang me. Why don't they get a rope and hang me? Hey, is it a little too early for being that loud? Hey, too late. It's 0600...” (continue)(continue reading)
“As a robot, I could have lived forever. But I tell you all today, I would rather die a man, than live for all eternity a machine.”
“- Sgt. Major Dickerson: This is not military issue, airman. What sort of uniform is that?
- Adrian Cronauer: Cretan camouflage sir. If you want to blend in with a bunch of drunken Greeks there's nothing better.”
“If it can be dreamed, it can be done.”
“- Alan Parrish: Where's Sir Sav-A-Lot?
- Carl: Monroe and Elm!
- Alan Parrish: The Episcopal Church.
- Carl: No, it's not a church anymore. Now it's a Speedy Burger. Or at least it was. I don't know what's left of it. People in this town are goin' loopy.”
“The truth doesn't always win friends, but it certainly influences people.”