Robin Williams quotes
“- Rupert Burns: What do they say?
- Andrew Martin: That you can lose yourself. Everything. All boundaries. All time. That two bodies can become so mixed up, that you don't know who's who or what's what. And just when the sweet confusion is so intense you think you're gonna die... you kind of do. Leaving you alone in your separate body, but the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“That's all right. I did. Hey, come on now. If you kick out the gooks, the next thing, you have to kick out the chinks, the spicks, the spooks and kikes. All that's gonna be left in here are a couple of brain-dead rednecks, and what fun would that be?”
“I was a damn good shrink. Nineteen years I worked with a lot of people through a lot of shit. I loved being a doctor. I used to not charge half my patients. Then the fucking state comes along, they send in some bitch undercover, and I'm fucked. Life isn't fair, is it?”
“No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.”
“You better grow eyes in the back of your head, you horned piece of shit, because I'm not gonna sleep until worms are crawling up your foam-rubber ass!”
“- Vladimir Ivanoff: That be two big Macs, one quarter pounder with cheese, six pieces chicken McNuggets, two boxes Ronald McDonald cookies, one order McFries, two chocolate McShakes. Meh that to go?
- Woman in McDonalds: No, I eat it here.
- Vladimir Ivanoff: Come back McSoon.”
“If I seem to be getting smaller, it's because... I'm leaving!”
“- Scott Andrews: I feel like such a loser.
- Dale Putley: Come on, Scott, you're still young! Being a true loser takes years of ineptitude.”
“Nail them while they're vulnerable, that's my motto.”
“- Popeye: Look at there Olive, he's got my eye.
- Olive Oyl: He does not have your eyes. He's got my eyes. He's got your mouth!
- Popeye: Does he? One day, Swee'Peas, he's gonna go to school and bust bigger kids in the mush. Yeah, you like that, don't you? Yes.
- Olive Oyl: And we'll move into a vine covered cottage on a shady lane. And we'll...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Someone is either a smoker or a nonsmoker. There's no in-between.
The trick is to find out which one you are, and be that. If you're a
nonsmoker, you'll know.”
“Stop torturing me. The Germans are already doing a fine job.”
“- Rainbow Randolph: He's a pillow-biter, you know.
- Sheldon Mopes: I wouldn't know anything about his sleeping disorders.”
“If we were interested in making money, we wouldn't have become teachers.”
“Freedom of religion means practicing any religion you want, anytime and anywhere you want. Like being a Jewish Buddhist: all you do is sit and wait for stuff to go on sale.”
“I wanted to become a doctor so I could serve others. And because of that, I've lost everything. But I've also gained everything.”
“The human spirit is more powerful than any drug, and that is what needs to be nourished: with work, play, friendship, family. These are the things that matter. This is what we'd forgotten, the simplest things.”
“Hunger for hope may be worse than hunger for food.”
- Hopkins: [reading his poem] "The cat sat on the mat".
- John Keating: Congratulations, Mr. Hopkins. You have the first poem to ever have a negative score on the Pritchard scale.
“Is that a kind of occupational hazard of soulmates? One's not much without the other?”